Click to Call
Affinity Insurance Partners

1000 Noble Energy Drive
Suite 280
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Get Directions

Get a Quote


Type of Insurance:

Contact Us

Affinity Insurance Partners

1000 Noble Energy Drive
Suite 280
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Phone : 724-754-8200
Fax : 724-485-2737
Email :

States Served

  • Pennsylvania

What is home insurance?

The term standard homeowner’s policy applies to a home insurance policy’s typical contents, but you should not purchase a standard policy. It would help if you met with an insurance agent from Affinity Insurance Partners to discuss your Pittsburgh, PA home, recreational equipment, business practices, family situation, and expansion plans. Each of these aspects of your home life influences the insurance coverage you require.

Every homeowner should purchase a custom homeowners insurance policy. A home policy consists of liability, structural protections, and personal property insurance at a minimum. You could need to add to that, though, if you have a shed, workshop, separate office building, greenhouse, mother-in-law apartment, etc. The liability covers you if someone incurs an injury on your property, so you do not have to pay their medical bills out-of-pocket. The structural protections reimburse you for repairs or rebuilding if a named peril damages your home. Named peril refers to human-made and natural hazards such as a tornado or fire. Personal property insurance reimburses you for damage to or loss of your personal property such as furniture, TV, computer, etc. This includes theft.

Liability covers your entire property, from the fence surrounding it to stairs to the attic. Still, the structural protections and personal property cover the house itself and attached structures unless you add to the policy.

If you built an addition as a mother-in-law apartment since it attaches to the existing home structurally, your homeowner’s insurance covers it. If you build a free-standing structure, you need to add other structures coverage to your policy.

If you run a home-based business, you need additional liability coverage. You also need to add to the personal property coverage because most policies only cover personal property up to about 10 to 20 percent of the home’s value. That probably will not cover your business equipment and computers.

If you participate in recreational activities like ATVs or go-carts, boating, own a pool, or trampoline, you need additional liability insurance. Those activities and equipment increase your accident risk.

Contact Affinity Insurance Partners serving the Pittsburgh, PA metropolitan area to learn how home insurance protects you and your family. We can help you create a custom policy that protects your home and property as well as those who live in it and visit it.

Partner Carriers

  • Aegis General
  • AIG
  • Allstate (Home/Auto)
  • Assurant Flood (PFA)
  • Attune
  • Bristol West (Auto only)
  • BTIS
  • Burns & Wilcox
  • Cabrillo
  • Chubb
  • CNA
  • CRC Group
  • Dairyland
  • Dovetail
  • Encompass
  • Foremost Specialty
  • Grange